Rules and Conditions
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Ohio, Kentucky or Indiana residents who are 18 years of age or older, and who reside in the WSTR-TV viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media III, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WSTR (collectively the Station), WKRC, SafeAuto Insurance, Gregory S. Young Co., LPA, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per IP address.
2. To enter, log on to www.star64.tv and click on the No Text Zone link. Fill out the registration form with your full name, email, telephone number, birth date, address, city, state, ZIP Code, accept the No Text Zone pledge, and submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
3. The contest starts on January 1, 2014, and ends at 12:00 a.m. (midnight) ET on March 10, 2014 (the Contest Period). Entries must be received by 12:00 a.m. ET on the second Monday of each month during the Contest Period to qualify for the monthly drawing. Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability, cellular, wireless, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
4. On the second Monday of each month during the Contest Period (January 13, February 10, and March 10, 2014), one (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among all new valid No Text Zone registrations on record for a total of three (3) winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next monthly drawing.
5. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media III, Inc., and the Station, and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Each monthly winner will receive five (5) tickets for Mikes Carwash, valued at $12 each. The total value of each prize is $60. Tickets are valid at all Mikes Carwash locations in Cincinnati, OH, and must be used within sixty (60) days of issue.
2. The winners will be notified by telephone. Before claiming the prize, a winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. The winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within ten (10) business days of notification at the time winners claim their prizes in person at the Station. The winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within five (5) business days, does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility within ten (10) business days of notification, then the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid No Text Zone registrations.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per contestant, per household.
7. Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liability arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
8. Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, and voice, and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WSTR-TV, 1906 Highland Ave, Cincinnati OH 45219, and on the Station's website at www.star64.tv.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WSTR-TV, 1906 Highland Ave, Cincinnati OH 45219, by May 30, 2014.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Media III, Inc., SafeAuto Insurance, Gregory S. Young Co., LPA, and Mikes Carwash, Inc., accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes, and change the aforementioned contest dates.